Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cupcakes!

As promised, here is the recipe for Weight Watchers cupcakes, and, no, I’m not kidding.

1 box cake mix
1 can diet soda

Mix.
Pour into muffin tin and bake according to box.

Like I said, I’m not kidding.

Depending on the size of the cupcakes, they are 1-2.5 points. I usually get about 18 out of a batch. You can do all sort of things like Devil’s Food with Diet Coke, or Lemon Supreme with Diet Sprite. The combinations are endless, and don’t worry too much about the soda; it doesn’t really change the taste that much. I don't frost mine since I'm not a big fan of most frosting, but go right ahead if you want to. Just calculate the points and add them on.

The other variation I have tried is as follows:

1 box cake mix
1 can pumpkin puree (15oz)

Mix, pour, bake.

Again, the points are about 1-2.5 depending on the mix. I most recently made this one with a spice cake mix that was delicious! I used the plain pumpkin, but you can use the pumpkin pie filling if you want that flavor.

A word of caution - they are very delicate and fall apart easily. Letting them cool off helps this, but they still can make a mess, so maybe eat them with a fork.

No comments: