Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Crazy Times


It's been a big few days. Actually it's been a big week and a half. Let's see...two Fridays ago I found out that I had a ticket to Game Four of the World Series!!!! I had to meet a man in a Wawa parking lot to get it, but I made sure people knew I was there and that I was ok after. It sounded sketchy to me, and sometimes I err on the side of caution.

Then I went to DC for the weekend and trained it back in time to get to the game Sunday night. Turned out that was the best game of the series, aside from Game Five #2 when they won. Sunday's game was fun, easy, and the weather was perfect. It was funny though; it didn't feel like a championship game. I mean, people were excited, but I had to keep reminding myself that this was the World Series. Anyway, it was a heck of a way to start the week. Monday was rough, and I never really caught up since I had Game Five and then Game Five again to watch.

Wednesday night I actually rushed home from dinner to watch the game, only to go back out to the bar next to the restaurant I had eaten in to celebrate! Sitting on the couch and screaming didn't seem adequate, and I was right. While I didn't venture near Philadelphia, the suburbs were nuts. Some kid across the street was banging pot lids together which I thought was funny. He was mostly in the house...just his arms and pot lids were outside the door.

Friday night was our annual Halloween Party. People stayed until 3:00am, 3 people spent the night, I had a hangover for 3 days and we have 3 weeks worth of leftovers. And a keg. Anyone need a keg? The amount of drinking I did didn't warrant the hangover I had which was frustrating. As for the leftovers, we don't like to risk running out of food so we go overboard. This year's menu was marinated pork loin, roasted turkey breast, pumpkin risotto (made from scratch), and salad, as well as all the nibblies that go along with a party. You know, cheese and crackers, a baked brie, dip, veggies, hummus, chips... The salad is easy - greens, feta cheese, craisins, and pine nuts with a vinaigrette - but it's one of my favorites. The pumpkin risotto recipe is from foodnetwork.com and I'll post it separately.

I also made Weight Watcher cupcakes that were awesome. I'll post those too. And the majority of the food came from Costco. That is my favorite place to shop. They have good deals, the food is high quality and usually organic, and it's so easy! I highly recommend a membership if you have one nearby. The toilet paper alone is worth it.

Saturday night I had a surprise party for someone who was at my Halloween party. It was SO hard not to ask him if he was excited. And then to hear him talk about the rest of his weekend without laughing! Of course the only thing I could think of to talk about was his party...so I tried to stay clear of him.

Then Sunday was an attempt to buy a sewing machine with A. That was unsuccessful, but we did buy a bunch of other things. JoAnn Fabrics had great deals (like 70% off!!) on Halloween decor so I stocked up for next year. Phew! I think that's everything. Actually I skipped the candle/pampered chef/handbag/jewelry party I went to at my aunt's and the massive clean up I am still in the process of from the party.

The most important thing though happened today - I VOTED!!! Everyone be sure to vote early and often. It's your privilege and duty as an American, so DO IT!

No comments: